I have been wanting to re-do the kids' bathroom for so long and finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely love it! This is a picture of what it looked like with just the walls painted:
And this is a picture of the shower curtain I made.
The only fabric I had to buy was the red Heather Bailey fabric. All the rest was from my stash! Woo Hoo! It always helps to buy great fabric when it is on sale at your local quilt shop. You never know when you might need it!
This is the artwork I made using some 10"x10" artist canvases, acrylic paints, and scraps of fabrics:
And last, but, not least, these are the towels which I dressed up with the leftover scraps of fabric and put loops on to hang on a new peg rack so my kids will maybe hang their towels up and not throw them on the floor on a heap. You can see from the first photo that they never used the lovely brass-finish towel bar!
I hope to put a tutorial together soon for the towels and put it here in my sidebar along with my other tutorials. I also plan on making a floor mat with another towel I purchased and trimming it with the rest of the leftover fabric scraps so it can be thrown in the wash with the rest of the towels when it is dirty.
I don't know why I waited so long to do this makeover, but I sure know it was worth it and I plan on doing many more rooms in my house this fall! I can't wait to get started!